Some of the best things in life don't cost a dime. It’s the same in the Phoenix area, so see the highlights.
In Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, Cave Creek and all our surrounding communities, there's so much to do without spending a dime. All you need is your own two feet!
- Mill Avenue in Tempe includes dining establishments, entertainment venues, shops and hosts multiple events every year.
- Tuesday - Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Old Town is located on the original townsite of Scottsdale. This district offers shopping, dining, art galleries and nightlife. It's also home to the Scottsdale Artwalk every Thursday evening.
- The 25-acre park has been the historical central park for Tempe since the 1920's. Nearly every weekend park visitors can participate in a 10K run, watch a concert or take part in a community festival. The park features a splash playground for kids, hiking and biking paths, and boat tours of Tempe Town Lake.
- Join us on the First Friday of every month from 6-10 p.m. for the nation's largest, self-guided art walk. Tour more than 70 galleries, venues and art-related spaces to see a variety of artwork and to enjoy the spirit and culture of the city. Free event shuttles start at the Phoenix Art Museum, headquarters for First Fridays. You can also catch the shuttles at any of the stops along the routes.
- All of our hikes are free, easy to get to, and there are so many, you'll never be bored. Camelback Mountain, Piestawa Peak, South Mountain and Papago Park are just a few of the options.